Aloha & Welcome to Da Best Carpet Cleaning Co. on The Island!
Posted on May 2, 2017
As with anything in the home or office, carpets need cleaning every once in awhile. Carpet Cleaning Hawaii involves more then just a vacuuming, but actual wet and dry cleaning. Having your carpets cleaned two or three times a year by a professional Hi carpet cleaner will help preserve the look of your carpets for years and years to come.
The Carpet Cleaning Co. - Hawaii
3600 Aolele Street #150
Honolulu, HI 96820
Phone: (808) 518-2356
Hours: Mon-Sun 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Find A Professional Carpet Cleaner Near You
Routine vacuuming helps keep your carpeting clean by removing dust and dirt from the top layers; however, grime, germs, allergens, and other contaminants get trapped deep in the carpet where your vacuum can't reach. Over time these pollutants accumulate, and they can even make you and your family sick! That's why it's important to have your carpets deep cleaned annually. Carpet cleaning removes both surface dirt and deeply embedded dirt for a total clean-meaning fresh-looking, healthy carpets! But carpet cleaning isn't a job for amateurs: to get your carpets and rugs completely clean without causing damage requires knowledge, training, and specialized tools.
Leave your carpet cleaning jobs to the professionals and you'll get beautiful, expert results!
The concern with most do-it-yourself carpet cleanings is how clean you're really getting the carpet. Without specialized carpet cleaning equipment and products, homeowners simply aren't able to remove the grime trapped within their carpeting-and if you can't get it all the way clean, what's the point! Professional carpet cleaning uses truck-mounted hot water extraction to thoroughly cleanse your carpets. With a combination of pressurized hot water, eco-friendly cleaning agents, and rapid extraction, these machines can eliminate practically all of the contaminants embedded in your carpeting.
Carpet Cleaners Hawaii can even apply a stain protection treatment to keep your carpets pristine longer.
And, because the hot water extraction system applies the cleansers and then quickly extracts them out, your carpet is left clean and only a little damp. This is crucial because over saturating your carpeting dramatically increases drying time; if your carpet stays wet too long it can begin to mold and mildew, creating new health problems! While amateur carpet cleaning jobs can take days to dry, a professionally cleaned carpet is usually dry in under 12 hours.
Carpet Cleaning Tricks and Tips
It's messy, damaging, and stubborn. Carpet stains come in various color, form, and chemical composition. For this reason, different sets of procedures are in place to get rid of nasty stains. With the goal of preserving the quality and appearance of carpets, you need to first acknowledge that stains are inevitable so you need to be aware of what to do when that time finally happens.
General Precautions in Carpet Stain Removal
Specific procedures in carpet cleaning vary but some are generally observed like as follows:
1. Know the kind of material your carpet is made of in order to avoid a chemical reaction when using commercially-prepared cleaning agents. If unsure, contact the carpet manufacturer first before purchasing or applying any chemicals.
2. Read the directions in every cleaning solution you purchase before you use them. Using these agents haphazardly might lead to more damage on your carpet.
3. Make it a point to do a spot test. Using the ideal cleaning solution, get a clean cloth, put some of the solution, and try it on a hidden area of the carpet.
4. Protect yourself from the effects of handling chemicals. Use gloves when applying cleaning agents as some are skin-reactants.
5. Prior to purchasing a carpet, it is best to arm yourself with information about stain management. Ask the manufacturer about it first.
The general tips above are useful as you learn about the specific carpet cleaning steps below.
It feels nice to walk with a cup of coffee around until it spills. When this happens, here are the steps you need to take:
- Blotting: Get a white cloth and blot the stained area until it dries. You need a few pieces of dry cloth for two reasons. First, you need to change cloth as it absorbs the spilled beverage. Second, you need to work your way inwards to prevent the spill from spreading to a larger area.
- Home-made solution: Prepare a solution of water, vinegar, and a non-bleach detergent. Apply it on the stained area, rinse it and repeat as necessary. If this method does not work, it's time to move on to the next method.
- Commercial solution: Look for a solution specifically design to treat coffee stains on carpets. Read the directions for use carefully before use.
- Reminder: The type of carpet you have plays a factor when it comes to carpet stain removal. If unsure, contact the manufacturer and ask for recommendations about managing coffee stains.
Inks stains are a variety. Some stains come from pens, some come printers, and some are from certain mechanical oils. Follow these steps to get rid of ink stains:
- Blotting: You need a piece of cloth to initially treat an ink stain. Never scrub or rub the cloth against the stain. This will spread the ink and will make cleaning more difficult for you.
- Home-made solution: Use Isopropyl alcohol to dampen a white cloth and dab it on the ink stain starting on the outermost area and going inwards. For better results, use a high percentage of Isopropyl solution. In addition, the following alcohol-based agents also work: nail polish, hairsprays, vinegar, and white wine. Rinse the stained area with water and use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the remaining moisture.
- Commercial solution: Purchase a chemical-based solution for carpet cleaning, read the directions and precautions for carpet stain removal, and apply as directed on the stained area.
- Reminder: Do not pour alcohol directly to the stained area. Because ink emulsifies, the stain may spread.
Blood stains need to be treated as soon as possible. Here's what you can do:
- Blotting: Cleaning blood stains is a bit different. Instead of you spraying just enough liquid on the stained part, you need to liberally soak the same area for faster stain removal.
- Home-made solution: Use cold water and an anti-grease detergent to spray the stained part. Get a dry cloth to absorb the moisture. Repeat the process as necessary.
- Commercial solution: OxiClean is only among the popular products specifically designed to treat blood stains. Use it with either cold or warm water.
- Reminder: When following the home-made carpet cleaning solutions, use cold water to prevent blood coagulation.
On a final note, the carpet stain removal procedures provided above do not entail impeccable solutions. If hesitant, call for professional assistance. And always bear in mind that stains are better cleaned off as soon as they happen for better results.
Carpet Cleaning Company Near You - Tips and Information
When was the last time you had your carpets professionally cleaned? If you're like the average American household, it was probably some time in the last year - and you will probably wait at least another year to get them cleaned again. The Environmental Protection Agency recommends carpets in residential homes are cleaned every 6-12 months if 2 or fewer people live in the home who is non smokers. For larger families with both kids and pets, the EPA recommends a professional carpet cleaning every 3 months [U.S. EPA letter, January 1989].
Recommendations like this are based on the indoor air quality in homes. Dust, dander and a multitude of soils collect on carpet, which acts as filter as air circulates through vent systems in a home. For persons with allergies, asthma, and even pregnant women and the elderly, having clean carpets can make a big difference in their quality of life indoors.
Having your carpet cleaned every 3 months can be very expensive. A market check of professional carpet cleaning prices showed that among both national brand names and smaller local carpet cleaning companies, the average cost for a 3 room, two hallway carpets cleaning at about $125 after coupons and specials were applied. If a homeowner has a carpet cleaner visit 3 times a year, the total cost of carpet cleanings can really add up.
Some families are choosing the do-it-yourself route to cleaning their carpets. Depending on where you live, grocery stores are offering cleaning machines and a multitude of carpet cleaning solutions for purchase. This may be another good way to keep your carpets cleaned. The drawback is that homeowners must do all then tough work themselves - lugging the machine to their cars and moving their own furniture. There are also some inherent risks with do-it-yourself methods that include:
- Over saturation of the carpet. If too much water or solution is applied, the glue that holds carpet fibers together can separate and ruin carpet
- Misapplication of cleaners. The incorrect cleaning solution applied to certain stains can permanently bleach or discolor carpet.
One thing is clear, indoor air quality is affected by the frequency with which your home's carpets are cleaned, so professional carpet cleaning companies are finding unique ways of providing less expensive cleanings. Some offer new and improved package pricing to their customers. Customers who combine carpet cleaning with other services like Oriental rug cleaning can sometimes save upwards of 60% off their total bill. This allows homeowners to save some money and gets both carpet cleaning and rug cleaning taken care of in one visit. Other carpet cleaning companies are selling professional-grade carpet cleaning sprays and solvents, so that customers wanting to take care of their carpets themselves can do so without some of the risks associated with over-the-counter products. Another unique approach by professional carpet cleaning companies is to offer a stain removal only service. Here, customers pay only for the stain removal and not an entire carpet cleaning. Kiwi Carpet Cleaning offers this with a One Year Carpet Cleaning Warranty, where entire rooms are cleaned at a low price throughout the year. While you might have to move furniture yourself and vacuum before the carpet cleaning technician arrives, the low price may offset any minor hassles.
With all the dust, dander, dirt and soot collecting on the surfaces in your home, it is important to remind yourself that what you collect on a dust towel is just a small fraction of what ends up in your carpet. Take inventory of how often your carpets are walked on in your home and make carpet cleaning decisions that help you and your family breathe easier this year.
To learn more about Carpet Cleaning Hawaii contact us.